petak, 18. travnja 2008.

No regrets?

I often say I don't regret anything I've done in my life (well, except few things which weren't really healthy). But I really only regret things I didn't do.

What?

For example, diving with dolphins on Malta. Because we were with the group and i was told not to divide from the group.
Swimming with dolphins on Cuba. Same thing. Listened to other people again.
Seeing the pyramides while being in Egypt. Ok, although I admit, driving 400 km with a crazy taxi driver isn't a good idea when you're a mom of 2.

But...
I must say, I pretty much do what my impulses tell me to. Well, I try to. I have these inhibitions and little scared voices in me, but I get aware of them, and I jump over my own shadow. Of course it's embarassing sometimes. Of course you get rejected a lot. But otherwise you'll never know.

Do something that scares you each day.
When I was younger I wasn't scared at all. I did the wildest things. Hitchike, sleep under the starry sky in a sleeping bag, go to a big city alone, sneak out of the hotel to go partying in spain while the teacher said: no one goes out today and so on. I had fun. Who dares, wins.

Today I'm a bit more careful. But I still take my chances.
And yes, I still regret things I didn't do when I heard the voice inside: DO IT.

Why I'm writting this?
I just bought 2 chocolattes, to share with my coworkers.
At the cashier's in front of me was this really poor, dirty guy with a little child in a pushchair. And I realized all he bought was a small, cheap candy for his son.
And then I saw he collects empty bottles and sells them. And he was so gentle to that kid it brought tears to my eyes.
And my first impulse was: buy them something. give them money. Give one chocolatte to the kid. DAMN.
And I didn't do it.
And still regret it.

Because my coworkers and I ate just one, and the other one is in my drawer, as a reminder.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Another favorite quote of mine.

Anyway, this grounded me again. Back to basics. To important things.
To the core.
Damn, I have it so good...so many things I should be so grateful for. And yes, I had a very tough week, but hundreds of millions would give years of their lives to have a week like this.

Damn, Tanja...you're being so ungrateful again.

Nema komentara: