četvrtak, 3. travnja 2008.

Venting

I've always wondered who these women are, sitting in the car and putting make up during redlight.
As I finally left both kids in their daycares this morning, looked at the watch and realized my meeting starts in 20 mins and I still have to prepare some docs, I knew it: single moms.

My kids had a really slow morning. The more I am in the hurry, the more they drag their feet.
We woke up slowly as always, cuddled in bed, hugged, played...then they ate breakfast...but putting on clothes took forever. Then these endless discussions with Mark, him needing explanations why can't we go to the daycare with his bike, and I'm nervously looking at my watch, realizing he has to be in the daycare in 15 mins because they have a play this morning.
Then Dominik playing hide and seek in the garage, and yeah, what a great sight, me chasing him around the car in high heels and him laughing his little a$$ off at me.
A sigh of relief and few deep breaths when they are both in their carseats, my ipod connected, music playing, engine running...
I usually can come to work whenever I want. But today I had to prepare for a meeting and I was running late 15 mins. And yeah, I was putting some basic makeup in the car (concealer is my best friend these days, I am chronically sleep deprived) and I came to the office 15 mins before the meeting.

I managed to prepare everything of course, but a remark my boss's assistant made really pissed me off.
I asked her if we found a new accountant and she said, yes, you still haven't come to work this morning as the boss went down to the office, have you?
No I wasn't in the office, I said, in a totally cool tone. I mean, two kids can't get my out of balance, why would she?

But I really feel the urge to sit and talk to her, tell her I'm not a threat to her so she can play the office manager here but she better stop mobbing attempts. Although I perfectly undestand little egos people have and their needs to be important, she shouldn't forget I'm here from the very beginning of this company, and I actually DID her job for years before I got promoted to this position I'm in now.

Oh, office bitches, how I hate those.

-end of venting-

Nema komentara: